Wednesday, 27 June 2012

My boyfriend plays guitar

My boyfriend plays the guitar, and don't I know it! He plays it all the time. This isn't a complaint although sometimes I would like to smash the curvy, wooden thing over his head. Due to my experienced writing intelligence and his inability to write more than four words in the space of an hour, I have taken to doing his music work for him. Yes, yes, I know, I am the best girlfriend in the world. Whilst doing this work I'd like to think I've become quite knowledgable about different eras of music. My knowledge was pretty limited before but I now know that David Bowie and Ziggy Stardust are in fact the same person and understand why Summer compares her and Toms relationship to Sid and Nancy's in 500 days of Summer. I still bum the 90's though. Oh and what great news about the Spice Girls Musical. Viva Forever! 

Back to today though, heres a few of my own discoveries! Theres some really good bands at the moment, I just wish I had the money to buy their albums. Firstly, the girl band Haim which consists of three American sisters. I heard Huw Stephens play their single 'Forever' on the radio and thought it sounded very 80's-esque. I've watched a few interviews with them and they seem really cool and laid back. 



The other band I am really enjoying is Alt-j. Every song on their new album 'An Awesome Wave' is really different which is always nice! 



Ya'll should check this out! A very talented friend of mine took some pictures of me the other night. We  sludged through a lot of mud but finally found a lovely field out at Lanhydrock - we're terribly sorry if we trespassed in any way! http://jessicalauraw.tumblr.com/post/25677491116/my-two-lovely-models-of-the-evening-simone

No comments:

Post a Comment